Remodeling the old Stage store at 1060 Hometown Commons to make way for Burkes Outlet tops the building permit list for September, according to a report by Jeannie Anderson of the City of Mountain Home’s Building Inspection Department .
According to its website, Beall’s, Inc. is the parent company of Burkes Outlet Stores, Inc. The company operates more than 500 retail stores.
The Burkes project covers 39,875 square feet, with the contractor listed as JD & Sons Complete Construction. The value of this project, along with all others on the monthly build report, was not made available despite a follow-up request from KTLO, Classic Hits and The Boot news.
The second largest project on the September report is listed as a new residential building located at 2005 Osage Lane. The permit was issued to Laura and Roy Coan, with Absolute Tile and Home Improvement as the contractor for the 3,226 square foot building.
A new residential building at 69 Prestwick Court covers 2,990 square feet. The request was made to Bobby and Renee Brown, with Crownover Company as the contractor.
Other building permits have been issued to
* Backyard Blossoms for a 360 square foot accessory residential structure, located at 1559 Glenbriar Drive;
* Lawrence Newton for a 320 square foot accessory residential structure, located at 329 Cherry Lane;
* Tammy Self for a 160 square foot accessory residential structure, located at 361 Arkansas Highway 5 North;
* Ronald Gunter for a 120 square foot accessory residential structure, located at 502 Westwood Drive; and
* Abram Metz for a 96 square foot accessory residential structure, located at 1408 Cresswell Drive;
Sign permits have been issued to
* Yellow House Thrift Shoppe, located at 625 US Highway 62 East;
* Southland Warehousing, located at 2243 Glenbriar Drive;
* Baxter Regional Family Clinic, located at 899 Burnett Drive;
* Fields of Terror, located at 1230 Cannie Baker Road;
* The Beauty School, located at 1041 Highland Circle;
* Mountaineer Gear & Outfitters, located at 322 US Highway 62 East; and
* Sharp Edges Ax Throwing, located at 407 Main Street South.
The cost of all permits issued for the month of September totaled $ 2,049.
The number of inspections handled by the city’s construction and inspection department for the month was also not provided.
WebReadyMT Powered by Ready for the wireÂ® INS